Blender crash and fix

Today I downloaded and extracted the latest test build (official linux 64 bit) from  http://builder.blender.org/download. But upon launching Blender, I was flabbergasted to watch Blender crash in front of my eyes.

linux:/home/satishg/blender/testing/270> blender270a
connect failed: No such file ordirectory 
Read new prefs: /home/satishg/.config/blender/2.69/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /home/satishg/blender-2.69-2175302-linux-glibc211-x86_6/2.69/python
Writing: /tmp/blender.crash.txt
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Following is the content of the blender.crash.txt file.
Having no idea about the reason for crash, I decided to remove the 2.69 config directory from ~/.config/blender/2.69 and see if Blender still crashes.

mv /home/satishg/.config/blender/2.69 ~/Desktop/ -v

Well, it happened so that Blender did not crash! Since I was busy with work, I did not investigate further.

Update:

I got another crash (Looks like ndof stuff is changing)
I think the above problem might be fixed by the following commit. Need to test it though..

Comments

Popular Posts